- Mounting the scale to the cross slide on a lathe.
- Mounting the scale to the rear of a lathe bed.
- Mounting the scale to the X-axis (longitudinal travel) on the front or rear of a milling machine table.
- Mounting the scale to the Y-axis (cross travel) on a milling machine.
- Mounting the scale to the Z-axis (vertical travel) on a milling machine.
- Mounting the scale to the quill on a drill/milling machine.
|A two part aluminium protective cover for the GS500-220 linear scale, consisting of a back plate and removable outer cover. The backing plate can be drilled/counter bored along its length to simplify mounting. The outer cover will provide additional protection from accidental knocks, coolant splashes and swarf.|
|The cover has a rigid backing plate with tapped holes for mounting the GS500 Scale and has two slots to allow for adjustment when fixing to the machine. The backing plate can also be drilled with new mounting hole/slots along its length. The outer cover is fixed over the GS500 range of Scales using two counter sunk bolts on the top side of the backing plate, the outer cover can be removed without disturbing the scales position. This type of cover is ideal for when the installation surface is shorter than the scale. Giving increased rigidity and protection from accidental knocks, coolant splashes and swarf.|
Mounting applications include;
Length of cover = Scale reading length + 134mm